3 easy steps to send out a custom mailer
- Define your project
- Export your customer list
- Create a list of items to advertise
Does it sound too easy? Read on!
1) Define your project: choose your mailing date, select a mailer type, and then contact OSM at (609) 265-1390 or email OSM for a quote.
- Mailing Date: For single page direct mail project, start planning 2-3 weeks before your sale or event. For a multi-pager direct mail project, start planning 6-7 weeks before your sale or event. See examples of our work.
- Mailer Type: What type of mailer is best for you? Match your mailer to: the type of event you are having, the length of the sale, and the number of items you want to advertise.
- Postage: Postage is the most expensive fixed cost component of any project. For mailings of 10,000 pieces or fewer, we recommend First Class postage which is generally guaranteed to be delivered in 2-3 business days. For larger mailings (and if time permits) we recommend bulk rate to save costs. Delivery time for bulk/standard rate mail typically ranges between 5-10 business days. We can give you an exact cost savings comparison.
2) Export your customer mailing list from your POS system and email it to OSM
- In a perfect world, you have been collecting customer information at your POS system. Your own customer list is your best source of business.
- If you need to augment your list, call us to find out how easy it is to get a mailing list to add to your own. PREMIUM outdoor and gun enthusiast mailing lists available. See our blog titled,
3) Compile a list of items by brand, item#, and price, and email it to OSM
- OSM makes it simple, we have been doing this since 1998 so we are creatively skilled in retail shooting sports advertising. We have the product logos, images, and descriptions in our massive database. Just tell us what you want to advertise and OSM will do the rest. All we need is the brand, the item # and the pricing information. We get everything else.
- Do you have co-op advertising dollars available? On average most shooting sports retailers forfeit several thousand dollars in unused co-op advertising funds a year. Let your product vendors pay for your project. Learn how OSM can manage your co-op from start to finish, at no additional cost.